6 hours and ~$540 in donations for Ukraine relief later and we're done.
Thanks to everyone who stopped by see what I was doing, but an even bigger thank you to everyone that helped out and spent some of their valuable time chatting with me in Discord while I streamed or helping me to run things behind the scenes. You're all awesome.
I had a really good time, though it was a little bit harder trying to fill the silence by myself when I didn't have someone to chat with. Still, not hard enough to stop me from doing it again at some point in the future.
Until next time!
It's that time of year again when someone vaguely alluded to streaming video games for charity on company time and my ears immediately perked up.
On Monday, 9th May, starting at 12 PM AEST I'll be streaming some Elden Ring on Twitch.
The last time I streamed for charity was back in September 2021, when I got a group of people together and lost a bunch of Valorant games, but had a great time doing it.
This one is a little bit different because I'm the only one streaming, but I'm hoping to drag a few people kicking and screaming into Discord to keep me company.
I'm much better when I have other people around. I doubt I can carry a stream by the force of my personality alone.
Oh Bless You
First things first, this charity stream is aimed at collecting money for relief efforts in the Ukraine.
To donate, follow this link.
In order to make things more interesting, I'll hold myself to the following rules:
- I will start the game from scratch as the Wretch (the weakest start)
- I will donate $2 for every time I die
- I will donate money depending on how many bosses I kill during the stream. Specifically I will donate more money for less bosses defeated, to the tune of $200 if if I defeat < 5 bosses
- I will let my viewers make my life harder...
Yup, donation-driven penalties are back in force, so if you want to use your donation money to complicate the stream, here is what you can buy with your money:
- For $5 you can make me stop using any one (1) piece of gear for 15 minutes
- For $10 you can force me to use the Taunters Tongue, which will allow other players to invade me
- For $20 you can force me to make at least five (5) attempts at a boss, or to work towards a specific boss until I have died at least 5 times. This one requires some game knowledge to make the most of, but I hope you get creative
- For $100 you can make me restart the game from scratch, resetting my boss count but not my death count. Do it right at the end of the stream to really mess me up!
There is no donation tracking overlay like last time (i.e. we're not using Tiltify), so if you want to make use of any of the donation-purchased penalties, you'll need to shout out what you want in Twitch chat. My moderator will keep track of things and tell me what I need to do.
Take The Path To The Grand Stream Ahead
To put everything together in one place:
- On Monday, May 9 at 12PM AEST I will be streaming for charity on Twitch
- To donate, go here
- If you need motivation to donate, see the rules above
This is the third time I've done a stream of some sort for charity and every time it has been a great experience.
I'll do it again and you can't stop me.